Does the sound of a drill make you cringe? Do you hate even sitting in a dentist’s chair? Are you looking for the premier provider of sedation dentistry in the greater Buffalo area? You have come to the right place – at the Smile Center, we cater to cowards! In fact, we cater to everyone, with three levels of sedation available.
Commonly known as the mildest and most common dental sedative.
- Traditional inhalation method
- Eases nervousness
This is the most popular sedation, allowing even anxious patients to relax during dental treatment.
- Prescription sedative and comfort medications are taken orally
- Reduces the level of anxiety
- A relaxed person will usually go to sleep
- An anxious person will usually relax
- Can be used in conjunction with laughing gas, inducing a relaxed, happy attitude
- Enteral sedation, inhalation sedation, or a combination can be used for any procedure – even routine dental care, such as teeth cleaning
Dentist in Buffalo Explains Types of Dental Sedation & the Process
This is the strongest level of sedation, inducing a semi-conscious, anxiety-free state. Few dental practices meet the strict licensure requirements to administer IV sedation.
- Also called conscious dental sedation
- You will likely have absolutely no memory of the dental procedures being done!
- Sedative is delivered intravenously
- Induces a deeper level of sedation, but is milder than general anesthesia
- You are able to breathe and swallow naturally
- Usually reserved for involved surgeries
- Highly effective, even for most severe dental fears
Why sedation dentistry?
We are here to help you, not to hurt you. Our restorative and cosmetic dentistry is performed with precision, skill, and meticulous attention to detail, to ensure you will be delighted with your new smile. However, our focus is not exclusively on the result – we want you to be just as delighted with the experience.
From the moment you walk in the door, we make every effort to keep you comfortable and relaxed. At the Smile Center, you can expect to be treated gently, with kindness and respect. You can also expect to relax!