*New patients only.
Does the sound of a drill make you cringe? Do you hate even sitting in a dentist’s chair? If dental fear or anxiety has kept you from getting the dental care you need, then sedation dentistry can help! Sedation dentistry helps you feel completely at ease throughout your entire visit. Whether you have dental fears or have a procedure you’d like to go through completely relaxed, you can receive the care you need in a calm comfortable environment at Smile Center.
We are here to help you, not to hurt you. Our restorative and cosmetic dentistry is performed with precision, skill, and meticulous attention to detail, to ensure you will be delighted with your new smile. However, our focus is not exclusively on the result – we want you to be just as delighted with the experience.
Commonly known as “laughing gas,” this is the mildest and most common dental sedative.
- Traditional inhalation method
- Eases nervousness
This is the most popular sedation, allowing even anxious patients to relax during dental treatment.
- Prescription sedative and comfort medications are taken orally
- Reduces the level of anxiety
- A relaxed person will usually go to sleep
- An anxious person will usually relax
- Can be used in conjunction with laughing gas, inducing a relaxed, happy attitude
- Enteral sedation, inhalation sedation, or a combination can be used for any procedure – even routine dental care, such as teeth cleaning
This is the strongest level of sedation, inducing a semi-conscious, anxiety-free state. Few dental practices meet the strict licensure requirements to administer IV sedation.
- Also called conscious dental sedation
- You will likely have absolutely no memory of the dental procedures being done!
- Sedative is delivered intravenously
- Induces a deeper level of sedation, but is milder than general anesthesia
- You are able to breathe and swallow naturally
- Usually reserved for involved surgeries
- Highly effective, even for most severe dental fears